Are you finding it hard to hire the right candidate for your sales team? It’s never easy hiring someone who will represent your brand to prospective customers. Which is why, as the hiring manager, you are under a lot of pressure. This is bound to cause you stress and confusion. More so because hiring the wrong candidate can cost you and your company money and resource. The last thing you want is to hire the wrong candidate. Is there an easy way around the interviewing process? Yes. Using an interview checklist will reduce 90% of your interview woes.
What Is An Interview Checklist?
An interview checklist is just that – a checklist. Any interview checklist will act as a guideline and structure for your interview process. Think of the checklist as a dependable friend who you consult before making a decision. Similarly, an interview checklist lists a series of qualities and skills that you are looking for in the ideal sales candidate. The benefit is, you can customize the checklist to suit your business needs. You can then grade the candidate, compare scores and narrow down on one who performs well. This is especially helpful when you are hiring for multiple roles or interviewing several candidates at once.
How Will The Checklist Help Me?
A checklist is your guide. It lays out all the qualities you seek in a potential employee. Now, this does not mean you don’t hire someone who doesn’t tick all the boxes. No, the use of a checklist is to help you assess, compare and decide which candidate will best represent your brand. For example, a candidate who ticks 70% of the boxes is a good hire. On the other hand, one who ticks 30% is not a good fit for your organization. You can also ask specific sales interview questions which will complement your checklist.
And no, an interview checklist does not add to your workload. Instead, it saves your time by doing the following:
- Presents a common yardstick to assess candidates.
- Eases comparison and eliminates confusion when assessing 2 or more candidates.
- Helps you take better decisions which are supported by data.
- Accelerates the hiring process.
All You Need To Know About Making Your Own Interview Checklist
We are sure you’re already searching for ways to create your own template. Why wouldn’t you? An interview checklist makes it easy to meet your recruitment KPIs. Now you may not have the time to make your own checklist. After all, it is a long process.
So, if you’re short on time you can download our template checklist for sales interviews. All you need to do is customize it or even retain the points you like. Keep in mind this is a sales interview template specifically made for Paramantra. It is a structure for you to build on and not a definitive checklist. Edit it based on the needs of your business and the profile you are hiring for.
Once you have the checklist in place, the hiring process will be a cakewalk. You will hire better and faster without increasing your stress levels.